Reserve rooms by June 1, 2012 and save 20% to 30% off regular rates
“It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best,” said Ernest Hemingway, “since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them.” With 343 miles of bike trails, a bicycle is the perfect vehicle for exploring the Vail Valley’s diverse contours. And for those who prefer to skip the “sweat up the hills” part, the Vail Gondola offers transport for people and bikes to the top of Vail Mountain for an exciting coast down.
The Antlers at Vail hotel is a conveniently located home base—rated #1 in Vail Specialty Lodging by TripAdvisor readers—with comfortable condominiums just footsteps from the popular Gore Creek trail and darned close to the Vail Gondola.
Need more reasons to bring your bike to the Antlers this summer? Here are seven:
- Guests who reserve rooms by June 1, 2012 can save 20% to 35% off regular prices, with rates for a studio suite starting as low as $156 per night.
- Both Vail and Beaver Creek offer maps for navigating the area’s 340+ miles of biking trails, and the Antlers’ knowledgeable staff will happily provide suggestions and directions.
- Vail Mountain Bike Camps offers summer day camps for kids 7 to 13 years old, and private and group mountain biking skill lessons for people of all ages.
- The 2012 Vail Recreation District Mountain Bike Races series runs from May 23 – August 15, 2012, offering mountain bikers of all ages and experience levels fun and the opportunity to win cash prizes.
- Riders looking for a summertime challenge can join the Antlers team for the 11th Annual Comcast Colorado Eagle River Ride on Saturday, July 28. The tour begins in Beaver Creek and brings riders along the scenic banks of the Colorado and Eagle rivers, and riders can choose from the 42-, 68- or 100-mile routes. Riders of all levels are welcome, and new team members receive a customized Antlers team jersey.
- Want to see how the pros do it? The USA Pro Cycling Challenge features elite professional teams and athletes from around the world, with a stage finish in Beaver Creek on August 23, 2012.
- No bike? No problem. Nearby shops like Charter Sports, Vail Bike Tech and Bike Valet offer bicycle and helmet rentals for adults and kids.
Since 1972, the Antlers has offered a unique Vail lodging experience in a relaxed mountain setting. Named the Vail Valley ‘Green Business of the Year’ in 2009, the Antlers is also proud to be named a Platinum Service Award Winner by the Vail Valley Partnership. With condominiums ranging from studio suites up to four bedrooms and plenty of space to spread out, each room at the Antlers offers all the comforts of home including fully-equipped kitchens, fireplaces, outdoor balconies, free Internet access and free parking in a heated indoor garage. The Antlers Vail is conveniently located in the Lionshead area of Vail with numerous restaurants, galleries and shops within walking distance, and the free Vail town shuttle stops just footsteps away. For more information, call 1-800-843-8245 or visit the Antlers web site at www.antlersvail.com.