The Antlers’ core values are Integrity, Excellence, Empowerment, Compassion, and Relationships. These values guide us in all we do and shine through in how we treat our guests, owners and staff.
While some businesses offer many of the same benefits as the Antlers. Such as health, dental and vision insurance; health savings accounts; supporting education and providing educational opportunities; 401K; flexible schedules; employee housing; ski passes; free parking; book clubs; etc.
The reason behind providing these benefits sets us apart. Oftentimes benefits are offered as a hook to hire and retain employees and are seen as just part of the bottom line. At the Antlers, these benefits are offered because the Antlers owners and management truly believe in enriching the lives of the employees and their families.
The Antlers is not just about the bottom line, it is about creating an inclusive, supportive, encouraging environment.
We support and encouraged our housekeepers to earn their GEDs. Four of them have accomplished this. Antlers offers in-house English classes. We support any staff member who wants to learn Spanish. A budget is available for employees to advance career related education. When possible we promote internally.
Every employee can use 4 hours of their work time per month to volunteer for an organization of their choice. In addition, as a group we volunteer for community organizations, participate in a community trash clean up day (and encourage our guests to help us by offering them a free night’s stay). Once a year, the Antlers staff volunteers their time to put on our “Pay It Forward” even celebrating regional non-profits with a reception and weekend of lodging for the and their families.
Current Job Opportunities
ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER
A very rare and exciting employment opportunity has opened. After reading the description below if you think you are the right fit for the position, please send us your resume! We will be honored to consider you application.
Our property lives by the Motto: “The answer is Yes!, now what’s the question?” We believe that our hospitality model has its own heart and soul, which is reflected in every interaction we have with each of our stakeholders. Whether they are our owners, business partners, the Eagle County Community members or our employees. We firmly believe that by respecting, embracing, nurturing and celebrating those around us, we are changing the world one-interaction-at-the-time. The Antlers is looking for a “Second In Command” who will help us in this wonderful quest of serving others with compassion and kindness.
The Antlers Assistant General Manager must be a strategic thinker who embodies the hospitality charisma through all his/her actions, understanding the importance of the support role to the Antlers Staff. This person should be able to work independently creating, adapting, and enhancing operational practices that are in tune with the property’s long-term hospitality vision, working hand-in-hand with our General Manager.
Through very strong managerial skills, this position is responsible for the Housekeeping, Maintenance and Front Desk Departments’ performance. The Assistant General Manager is in charge to challenge the team presenting creative processes that would help our associates to excel in their daily operations, keeping in mind the Hotel’s values of safety, superb guest satisfaction and financial viability.
The candidate supports the Antlers Mission, Vision, and Values and is expected to be a role model to the rest of the organization. Hands-on work will be a part of this position’s responsibilities to maximize overall efficiency. This is a highly visible position; therefore, the candidate must expect to work closely with the Antlers’ ownership, guests, and the community.
Because of the nature of the job, this position is not available for remote work, but it could include on-site housing as a part of its compensation package.
Among some of the tasks included:
- Create working plans for the various departments and ensure their successful fulfillment
- Assist effectively to the Antlers Team in their daily operations
- Oversee the management of guests’ feedback and implement recommendations as fitted
- Respond to guests’ issues in a timely fashion manner
- Implement guest satisfaction programs through the operations’ departments
- Ensure daily inspections of rooms and operating areas
- Oversee the purchasing of the operations’ departments
- Oversee the scheduling of the various departments
- Coordinate periodic property inspections to make sure the building, grounds, and work areas are maintained to a platinum standard
- Provide input to the General Manager to maximize capital investments
- Participate in sales and group business meetings to develop strategies to maximize revenues and profitability
- Assist General Manager in some aspects of business planning
- Liaison between LQA program and the Antlers ownership
- Create and implement impactful programs to continue our guests’ satisfaction
- Select hotel staff and perform job reviews for the staff
- Develop training programs while nurturing positive relationship with the staff
- Ensure company policies and procedures are followed and embraced
- Business Administration’s Bachelor’s degree or similar
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Good observation skills
- An ability to deliver and accept constructive criticism.
- Multilingual preferable
- Excellent computer and math skills.
- An ability to identify weaknesses and provide coaching where necessary.
Full time, salary position. Assistant General Manager needed to support with the day-to-day management of activities associated with the Antlers at Vail hotel operation. To apply send resume to [email protected] Job will be open until filled. Starting wage is $85,000 to $90,000 per year, depending upon qualifications plus benefits package. On-site housing may be available for this position.
GROUP AND CONFERENCE SERVICES SALES MANAGER
REPORTS TO: Director of Sales and Revenue
The Group and Conference Services Manager is responsible for soliciting, prospecting, closing and welcoming corporate and social group accounts (10+ rooms) to the hotel. Its primary responsibility is to identify the group’s needs and provide with effective lodging and catering solutions.
This position is responsible for planning, organizing, coordinating functions and assigning guests rooms to the groups. As a part of a seamless experience, it is expected to coordinate Pre-Conference Meetings, Banquet Event Orders, Rooming Lists and final billings with the most attention to detail and interdepartmental harmonization in accordance with hotel policies and quality standards, to ensure customer satisfaction, maximize profitability and generate return business.
SALES DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Weekly updates to the Management Team and Sales Department
- Work with Director of Sales and Revenue to determine appropriate group rates.
- Operate the Group and Conference Sales Department within established sales expense budget
- Develop a complete knowledge of company sales policies, selling techniques and SOP’s with an emphasis on maximizing occupancy and Average Daily Rate (ADR)
- Meet or exceed Group sales solicitation call goals as assigned by the Director of Sales and Revenue
- Develop a collaborative interdepartmental working relationship
- Develop, maintain and increase the business relationship with the Antlers Caterer
- Develop networking opportunities through active participation in the community
- Organize and implement Antlers’ owner, guest, and employee functions
- Coordinate staffing needs with Antlers Caterer for all the event needs from setting up to breaking down
- Assist Antlers Front Desk and Sales department as needed and as additional asset when we are in slower Group/Event timeframes
- Monitor production of all top accounts and evaluate trends within your market
- Initiate and follow up on group leads
- Regularly contact existing accounts
- Create room blocks, rooming lists, banquet orders and correct billing information
- Prepare required reports in a timely manner
- Keep Front Desk and Sales team informed of all room blocks, group rates, billing intricacies, etc.
- Organize Group Organizers FAM events
- Conduct a professional, thorough site inspection of the hotel with clients, exhibiting key features and benefits of the property.
- Use your property’s computerized sales management system
- Meet and greet onsite contacts
- Review meeting planner evaluations with the Director of Sales and Revenue to ensure that issues receive follow-up
Previous sales or managerial experience in Hospitality/Lodging industry. Must be able to work in a neat and efficient manner, keeping work areas clean and well organized. Ability to multi-task in busy environment. Flexible work Schedule
College degree or Minimum 4 to 5 years’ sales experience in a similar role preferred, with a good understanding of English, both written and oral.
BASE SALARY RANGE: $55,000- $65,000 D.O.E., plus 20% of all realized Group and Conference Services Fees.
To apply email sales (at) antlersvail.com.
FRONT DEST AGENT
Now hiring Front Desk Agents. Both full time and part time positions available!
Personable, helpful, and professional image needed. We are the front lines, the first impression for all guest is US, the Antlers at Vail Front Desk Staff. Responsibilities include checking in/out guests, providing helpful answers to questions, and assisting with general information. Our duties are a bit of everything from taking reservations calls, to helping out all departments when needed. The most important part of this position is the ability to Focus on the Attention to Detail.
Key Areas of Accountability
• Greet, register, and assign room numbers to guests. Issue room keys and familiarize guests with the services and information the Antlers at Vail has to offer.
• Making sure Guest Folios are correct and paid for at arrival
• Answer and Handle all incoming telephone calls efficiently and accurately.
• Act as a key communications link. Responsible for clear and effective communication between co-workers, management, and departments.
• Post Charges and Collect Payment such as Pet Fees, Food Charges or miscellaneous to Guest Folio
• Perform a daily bucket check to make sure all guests in house and checking in are accurate and up to date
• Be the Liaison between Housekeeping/Maintenance and our Guests
• Follow safety and security standards at all times
• Keep up to date with current rates, packages and promotions
• Help out with Reservations calls
• Perform preliminary night audit if working evenings
• Closing up of Pool and Hot Tub at 10pm
• Keeping busy, finding and finishing projects
• Concierge Tasks & Familiarity with Vail and area
Education, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
• College degree preferred
• Skill of taking notes, paying attention to detail and following up
• Excellent communication skills
• Valid Driver’s License & Insurability
• Ability to type 30+ wpm
• Must be able to leave cell phone in pocket or to side
• Ability to lift up to 50lbs and get hands dirty
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office
• 1+ year hospitality experience preferred.
Will receive two set consecutive days off a week (your weekend). During your five day work week you must be flexible to work when scheduled which can be any time during our Front Office operating hours. Full time guaranteed 32 – 40 hours a week.
$18 – 21/ hour DOE + commission. Full Time employees eligible for health, dental, vision, life, 401K, ski pass, bonuses and more.
To apply email resume to [email protected]
HOSPITALITY ENGINEER – MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
The Antlers in Lionshead is looking to fill a Maintenance Technician position in our Engineering Department. Here at the Antlers we strive to provide an excellent owner and guest experience among all of our family owned condominiums. We operate together with our owners, guests, and coworkers as a family. Our employees are our #1 asset. To apply, please send letter of interest and resume to [email protected]
-Repair & upkeep to family owned condo units
-Exterior property upkeep & repairs
-Drywall texturing, replacement, & repair
-Painting & wood staining
-Plumbing installation, repair, valve replacement, flapper, filler, and wax ring replacement
-Pool and Spa water chemistry and pool mech room maintenance -Electrical diagnosis and repair of electric baseboard heat, motors, fans, water heaters, ballasts, lighting and
-Fluorescent ballast and bulb replacement
-Appliance troubleshooting and repair -Natural gas fireplace general maintenance
-Boiler/mech room and HVAC general maintenance and repairs
-Hospitality experience (Hotels or Property Management) experience strongly preferred
-Ability to independently problem solve and use different resources to complete numerous tasks
-Background in Maintenance, Construction, Electrical, Plumbing, or HVAC
-Positive attitude and ability to work as a team and with other departments
-Experience with guests and customer service
-Ability to manage Work Orders and Emails on computer
-Basic audio/video technical support
-Ability to lift to 100 lbs and get hands dirty
$20-23/ hour DOE + bonuses. Full Time employees eligible for health, dental, vision, life, 401K, ski pass.
The duties of a hotel housekeeper are probably the most important duties that take place in a hotel on a daily basis. If the housekeeper has not done her job to expectations, the hotel could lose business. Hotel guests expect their rooms to be cleaned with the utmost accuracy and attention to detail. The cleanliness of a hotel is the key selling factor.
Housekeeper supervisor – Duties & Responsibilities:
The Housekeeper Supervisor shall perform all duties as listed below under “Housekeeper” as well as:
- Schedules and supervises other housekeeping staff.
- Train, supervise and monitor the quality of work of other housekeepers.
- Inventory, order and stock the laundry room with all needed equipment and supplies per guidelines provided.
- Maintain professional appearance
- Report daily to the general/assistant manager.
- Informs the general/assistant manager of all activities and any needs prior to the shift’s end.
- Shall stay “on property” at any time the executive housekeeper has the day off and is responsible for operations during this time.
Housekeeper – Duties & Responsibilities:
- Follows detailed cleaning directions for each condominium.
- Provides information on any missing items to the Executive housekeeper.
- Provides information of broken items or anything that needs attention from the maintenance department.
- Change bedding and make beds as directed.
- Stock supplies (coffee, tea, sugar, magazines) as needed.
- Replenish supplies such as drinking glasses, linens, writing supplies, and bathroom items.
- Gather and empty trash.
- Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
- Dust furniture, walls, machines, and equipment.
- Move and arrange furniture, and turn mattresses.
- Make adjustments and to heating system.
- Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
- Clean chimneys, flues, and connecting pipes, using power and hand tools.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Notify supervisor concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
- Set up, arrange, and remove decorations, tables, chairs, and ladders to prepare facilities for events such as banquets and meetings.
- Replace light bulbs.
- Sort clothing and other articles, load washing machines, and iron and fold dried items.
- Sort, count, and mark clean linens, and store them in linen closets.
- Deliver any items requested by guests.
- Observe precautions required to protect resort and guest property, and report damage, theft, and found articles to supervisors.
- Carry linens, towels, toilet items, and cleaning supplies, using wheeled carts or by hand as needed.
- Clean building floors and walls by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them.
- Steam-clean or shampoo carpets. Polish floors.
- Clean and restore building interiors damaged by fire, smoke, or water, using commercial cleaning equipment
- Spray insecticides and fumigants as directed to prevent insect infestation.
- Remove debris from driveways and all public areas inside or out.
- A minimum of 6 months of housekeeping experience.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers and other personnel.
- Must be proficient in English.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
A high level of guest service is expected and only those people willing to provide this should apply for this job. A strong teamwork ethic is also required and all coworkers should also be considered as guests. Adherence to all employee policies is required.