The Antlers’ core values are Integrity, Excellence, Empowerment, Compassion, and Relationships. These values guide us in all we do and shine through in how we treat our guests, owners and staff.
While some businesses offer many of the same benefits as the Antlers. Such as health, dental and vision insurance; health savings accounts; supporting education and providing educational opportunities; 401K; flexible schedules; employee housing; ski passes; free parking; book clubs; etc. The reason behind providing these benefits sets us apart. Oftentimes benefits are offered as a hook to hire and retain employees and are seen as just part of the bottom line. At the Antlers, these benefits are offered because the Antlers owners and management truly believe in enriching the lives of the employees and their families. The Antlers is not just about the bottom line, it is about creating an inclusive, supportive, encouraging environment.
We support and encouraged our housekeepers to earn their GEDs. Four of them have accomplished this. Antlers offers in-house English classes. We support any staff member who wants to learn Spanish. A budget is available for employees to advance career related education. When possible we promote internally.
Every employee can use 4 hours of their work time per month to volunteer for an organization of their choice. In addition, as a group we volunteer for community organizations, participate in a community trash clean up day (and encourage our guests to help us by offering them a free night’s stay). Once a year, the Antlers staff volunteers their time to put on our “Pay It Forward” even celebrating regional non-profits with a reception and weekend of lodging for the and their families.
Current Job Opportunities
Front Desk Agent
Represents the property to the guests and owners throughout all stages of their stay. Takes reservations, assigns rooms, helps guests with check-in and check-out, and accommodates special requests whenever possible.
To apply, please send letter of interest and resume to chad (at) antlersvail.com.
GUEST SERVICE ASSOCIATE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Knows room locations, types of rooms available, and room rates and discount offers.
- Must be sales-minded. Presents options and alternatives to guests and aids in making choices. Knows deposit and cancellation policies.
- Uses suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel.
- Knows the location and types of available rooms as well as the activities and services of the property.
- Works with group sales department to take group reservations and direct attendees to meeting locations.
- Coordinates room status updates with the housekeeping department by notification housekeeping of all check outs, late checkouts, early check-ins, and special requests.
- Knows how to use front office equipment.
- Process guest check-outs.
- Coordinates requests for maintenance and repair work.
- Uses proper telephone etiquette.
- Attends department meetings.
- Reports any unusual occurrences or requests to the manager or assistant manager.
- Knows all safety and emergency procedures.
- Maintains the cleanliness and neatness of the front desk area.
- Understand that business demands sometimes make it necessary to move employees from their accustomed shift to other shifts.
Speak with others using clear and professional language. Support team to reach common goals. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards. Must be able to work independently and as a team player. Respond at all times in a friendly, helpful manner to guests and other colleagues.
Will receive two set consecutive days off a week (your weekend). During your five day work week you must be flexible to work when scheduled which can be any time during our Front Office operating hours. Full time guaranteed 32 – 40 hours a week.
Experience: Previous hotel-related experience preferred but not necessary.
Physical: On occasion may need to lift and carry up to 40 pounds.
Compensation: $18 – $21/ hour DOE + commission and bonuses. Full Time employees eligible for health, dental, vision, life, 401K, ski pass.
Hospitality Engineer – MAINTENANCE Technician
The Antlers in Lionshead is looking to fill a Maintenance Technician position in our Engineering Department. Here at the Antlers we strive to provide an excellent owner and guest experience among all of our family owned condominiums. We operate together with our owners, guests, and coworkers as a family. Our employees are our #1 asset.
To apply, please send letter of interest and resume to ramon (at) antlersvail.com
- Repair & upkeep to family owned condo units
- Exterior property upkeep & repairs
- Drywall texturing, replacement, & repair
- Painting & wood staining
- Plumbing installation, repair, valve replacement, flapper, filler, and wax ring replacement
- Pool and Spa water chemistry and pool mech room maintenance
- Electrical diagnosis and repair of elec baseboard heat, motors, fans, water heaters, ballasts, lighting and
- Fluorescent ballast and bulb replacement
- Appliance troubleshooting and repair
- Natural gas fireplace general maintenance
- Boiler/mech room and HVAC general maintenance and repairs
- Ability to independently problem solve and use different resources to complete numerous tasks
- Background in Maintenance, Construction, Electrical, Plumbing, or HVAC
- Positive attitude and ability to work as a team and with other departments
- Experience with guests and customer service
- Ability to manage Work Orders and Emails on computer
- Basic audio/video technical support
- Ability to lift to 100 lbs and get hands dirty
Compensation: $20-23/ hour DOE + bonuses. Full Time employees eligible for health, dental, vision, life, 401K, ski pass.
Antlers is always interested in adding qualified housekeepers and housemen to our fantastic team. We recognize that housekeeping and the cleanliness of our property is the key to our success and are valued team members. We offer full time employment with meaningful benefits.
Housekeeper – Duties & Responsibilities:
- Follows detailed cleaning directions for each condominium.
- Provides information on any missing items to the Executive housekeeper.
- Provides information of broken items or anything that needs attention from the maintenance department.
- Change bedding and make beds as directed.
- Stock supplies (coffee, tea, sugar, magazines) as needed.
- Replenish supplies such as drinking glasses, linens, writing supplies, and bathroom items.
- Gather and empty trash.
- Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
- Dust furniture, walls, machines, and equipment.
- Move and arrange furniture, and turn mattresses.
- Make adjustments and to heating system.
- Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
- Clean chimneys, flues, and connecting pipes, using power and hand tools.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Notify supervisor concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
- Set up, arrange, and remove decorations, tables, chairs, and ladders to prepare facilities for events such as banquets and meetings.
- Replace light bulbs.
- Sort clothing and other articles, load washing machines, and iron and fold dried items.
- Sort, count, and mark clean linens, and store them in linen closets.
- Deliver any items requested by guests.
- Observe precautions required to protect resort and guest property, and report damage, theft, and found articles to supervisors.
- Carry linens, towels, toilet items, and cleaning supplies, using wheeled carts or by hand as needed.
- Clean building floors and walls by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them.
- Steam-clean or shampoo carpets. Polish floors.
- Clean and restore building interiors damaged by fire, smoke, or water, using commercial cleaning equipment
- Spray insecticides and fumigants as directed to prevent insect infestation.
- Remove debris from driveways and all public areas inside or out.
- A minimum of 6 months of housekeeping experience.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers and other personnel.
- Must be proficient in English.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
A high level of guest service is expected and only those people willing to provide this should apply for this job. A strong teamwork ethic is also required and all coworkers should also be considered as guests. Adherence to all employee policies is required.
To apply, please send letter of interest and resume to kim (at) antlersvail.com
Compensation: $18+/ hour DOE plus tips and bonuses. Full Time employees eligible for health, dental, vision, life, 401K, ski pass.