- This event has passed.
September 29, 2017 - October 1, 2017
OUTLIER [out-lahy-er]: “One
In other words, cyclists. Or more specifically, mountain bikers. Or to put an even finer point on it, riders who can ride. Ride long and ride hard. Those who consider the first 15 miles the warmup to the main event. And who lead with their chin when the trail points down.
We’re talking about the gunners. The Jedi. Riders who can straight up BALL. The fringe of a fringe…of a fringe of a fringe of a fringe.
So what is the Vail Outlier Offroad Festival (presented by the awesomeness that is SRAM)?
It’s a gathering of this lean and densely muscled tribe against a backdrop perfectly suited for their activity of choice.
The Vail Outlier Offroad Festival is;
- A HUGE lift-served consumer-facing demo offering all of next year’s bikes and gear from the industry’s best brands. Slated for September 29-October 1, 2017, Outlier’s date provides media and consumers with the very first look at all the new bikes and gear set to debut at the Interbike tradeshow, scheduled just 8 days earlier.
- Based in Vail, Colorado, Outlier is also built to be affordable to the brands themselves, helping more of them attend in the process. More brands, more bikes, more consumers, more hotlaps.
- It’s an incredible back and side-country competitive XC event, this year’s USA Cycling Rocky Mountain Regional Cross Country Championship.
- Enduro, you say? Yep. 3 flowy stages and lift served transfers. This year’s Rock Shox Enduro also serves as USA Cycling’s Rocky Mountain Regional Enduro Championship.
- New for 2017 is our mixed terrain road/gravel ride. Fully supported, the Outlier Brevet (presented by SRAM Force) treats(?) riders to stunning views along the road less traveled.
- The Blue Room media-only event. Are you a manufacturer? Bring your demo rig on its way back from Vegas and schedule some REAL dirt time with the best writers and editors in the business. Then take them out for killer sushi, incredible live music and liberal amounts of social lubrication.
- Lodging? Yep – amazing prices on incredible accommodations.
- It is powered by SRAM. And Scott Bicycles. And GU, Castelli, Rock Shox, Quarq, ENVE, Ergon, Crank Brothers, Continental, KASK Helmets and Fox apparel.